Can anyone tell me what this disease is?

The Clarks

Chirping
Nov 16, 2012
Please let us know what this is and what we can give her. So far we are isolating her, feeding her medicated food. She is still eating in the yard, but her eyes are closed. She is walking funny-feet swollen. Poor thing. Someone said atheletes powder, but not sure if it would help
20201031_120045.jpg

Please let us know what this is and what we can give her. So far we are isolating her, feeding her medicated food. She is still eating in the yard, but her eyes are closed. She is walking funny-feet swollen. Poor thing. Someone said atheletes powder, but not sure if it would helpView attachment 2394255
Looks like a really bad case of fowlpox

Do you have mosquitoes? Have they been bad lately where the chickens hang out? If so, that may be wet fowl pox.

It has to run its course. No cure. But painting iodine on the lesions can help dry it up and heal faster.

Keep her separated. It's contagious. There is a vaccine to prevent it you might think about.

It’s fowl pox. I’d check her mouth to make sure she doesn’t have a buildup. If she does you can scrape it out with a q tip otherwise she could have trouble breathing.

Thank you everyone for your quick response! Yes, we have mosquitoes too. Fowl pox seems to make sense as to what she has.

I used this advice (see attached pic) when my flock of 12 got Fowl Pox. I also bought a bottle of the Vetericyn to spray on their non-feathered skin a couple times a day. I would suggest getting a full strength bottle of the liquid or gel, but NOT getting the Poultry Vetericyn (ALL Vetericyn is safe for poultry). I personally felt that for the cost & the fact that the poultry spray is a weaker concentration, it was more cost effective to buy it full strength. But my girls were nowhere near as bad as that.
3613235E-034C-4C7C-A43B-F31468D95849.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom