Can anyone tell the gender?? ..pics

alychicks

Hatching
Jun 28, 2015
Michigan
I have 6 chicks all are almost 2 months old (2 welsumm ers)(2 Easter eggers)(1black austrolorp)(1silver laced wyandotte) if you can help thank you!
(welsummer #1)(poppy)

(wyandotte)(lacey)

(black austrolorp)(Annie)
(Easter egger #1)(tweaty)
(Easter egger #2)(bindi)
(
(wellsummer #2)( dalliah)

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I don't see anything screaming rooster on any one of them right now. They all look like pullets to me. If I had to guess which ones looked like possible roosters, I would say Dalliah and Lacey are looking a bit suspicious. But, again, none of them look very rooster-ish as of now.

Hi alychicks. Welcome. If I'm not mistaken, and Mountain Peeps could back me up, roosters would be growing a spur on the back of the leg by now. I've been told that that's a good way of know the sex of a young chicken. Hope this helps.

At this age the only suspicious ones to me are also Dalliah and Lacey, Welcome to Backyard chickens. You could also post photos at "what breed or gender is this,"

or wait a couple more weeks and submit new photos then.

How do you post things in A certain category ?? Sorry, i dont know how. Also how do you post a thread while on the page because i always go back to my email to start it because they sent a link, however the link leads me to the category being new member
At this age the only  suspicious ones to me are also  Dalliah and Lacey,       Welcome to Backyard chickens. You could also post photos at  "what breed or gender is this,"

or wait a couple more weeks and submit new photos then.

Hi alychicks. Welcome. If I'm not mistaken, and Mountain Peeps could back me up, roosters would be growing a spur on the back of the leg by now. I've been told that that's a good way of know the sex of a young chicken. Hope this helps.

Not all roosters will grow spurs. Spurs aren't a great way to determine genders unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom