Can chickens eat garlic

My dogs and chickens get garlic regularly. Have not noticed any issues. Or fleas. Or worms.
wink.png

My Yorkie ate my daughters Halloween candy and he was ok. I make cookie treats for my dogs and I use garlic in the dough along with liver, rice, veggies and other things. I give my Mastiff garlic capsules and put garlic in her food dish, when I can remember. I got my information from OnlyNaturalPets.com. I will try putting some garlic in the girls breakfast this morning. Garlic eggs sound good right now!

Last edited:
hi lads
crush up some garlic into a pot of water bring to the boil . when cooled put in into the chickens waterer . its recommended to do this for a few days every month to keep worms at bay .
big_smile.png
wink.png

my chickens had stopped laying for a while and i was going to get a wormer and some antibiotics from the vet but i decided to try the garlic first . two days later egg production was back to normal
lol.png
big_smile.png

I would like to try this... in what form do you give your chickens garlic?

I understand the following:

1. Fresh crushed up in boiling water. Cool, give chickens the water.
2. Garlic oil on their food.

What about dried garlic flakes? Garlic Powder? Fresh chopped up and just given to them? What about the chopped garlic you can buy at the store... comes in a jar?

I'm thinking that the dried flakes mixed with their food / treats would be the easiest to maintain due to ease of just keeping it in the cabinet.

Thoughts?

Diana

Last edited:
Some folks I work with are concerned with controlling worms in goats and sheep. For some reason they are not giving garlic serious consideration and that maybe because garlic does not work in a practical setting. Causing off-flavor is another important concern.

I give garlic to my dogs they don't seem to have any problems and sometimes chocolate. I believe moderation is the key to everything and they really like it. Haven't tried it on the chickens yet, no need for it so far.

Back
Top Bottom