Can chickens eat garlic

big_smile.png

Quote:
hi diana
i mostly put it in the water after it has been boiled but i also put it in fresh water . you can also crush fresh garlic straight into the food . but its always fresh garlic .the chickens go mad for it
big_smile.png
so if you have wormed them already you can use the garlic as a preventive .. just put it in for a couple of days every month
big_smile.png

Quote:
hi diana
i mostly put it in the water after it has been boiled but i also put it in fresh water . you can also crush fresh garlic straight into the food . but its always fresh garlic .the chickens go mad for it
big_smile.png
so if you have wormed them already you can use the garlic as a preventive .. just put it in for a couple of days every month
big_smile.png

I've never wormed my girls... never saw signs of worms. Hmmm... perhaps I will get some garlic and start giving it to them. What is the best way to keep it fresh. I have seen those big ropes of garlic... how can you keep them fresh? Can you freeze garlic? Maybe I could vac seal it to keep it fresh if I buy some in bulk.

I have a flower garden that is full of garlic (about a 7x4 foot space). I need to clean the bed out and thought I would put the chicken pen around it so they could do the work for me :) I have 4 birds, and the pen is larger than that, but that garlic will be in the middle. Is it possible that is too much garlic for them? I'm not concerned with funny tasting eggs.
Thanks!

As a former vet tech, this is news to me. My dogs and flock both get garlic and lots of healthful advantages from it. Please read Juliette de Baraicli-Levy's books, a renowned vet and amazing healer. Onions are another story....

Chocolate is not truly toxic, it's just that dogs will glut on amounts that can kill them or would make us extremely ill.

Last edited:
I have Garlic Guard by Seachem for my fish (in a fish tank). It's just garlic extract. I got a much bigger bottle than I could ever use in my tank (500 ml), so I added a couple of drops to my chicks water. No need to refrigerate and stays good for a pretty long time.

Back
Top Bottom