Can chickens have fits due to shock?

lol, thanks, and gross if your mum would eat it!!! I dont like yoghurt, thus why its got so out of date lol! I'll give it a go, he needs the help with pooing, its all just liquid at the moment!!

Update!!

Yesterday evening, I took the plunge and fed my little chick some out of date yoghurt along with some mushed layers pellets. This morning, he looks tonnes better!! wings and tail are back up, bright eyes fully open again, every spec of food gone, and most importantly, a NORMAL poo!!
Hopefully he is on the road to recovery and can be reintroduced to the others soon. I prefer to have them all grow up in pairs or more, as living in sunny warm (NOT) Scotland, it gets a little chilly at night, so when I let them out free range they know to huddle together for warmth!!

I will be introducing my chickie back with his brothers and sisters later on today.
For those of you with chickens displaying similar symptoms, Iwill let you all know how he gets on!
I will be keeping my isolation pen up just in case!!

Hope your little one is still doing fine. And, a big belated
welcome-byc.gif
from across the pond

Thanks for everyones support, I introduced the little guy back out with the others yesterday, and he has survived the night!! He looks sooo much better, and is eating and drinking as much as he ever was, if not more!! It has gone cold again tonight however, so hopefully he will roost with the others and keep warm!!

Had a nasty wake up this morning, the temperatures got to -9 last night!! I was in great fear for all my chick, especially this little guy, but thankfully he must have roosted with the others, as he is fine this morning! Unfortunately one of our chicks with mum suffered, and is currently in a little box on the aga warming up. Hopefully he pulls through!!

Back
Top Bottom