Can chickens take Milk of Magnesium? What else can they take? My Little Man has been lethargic. I have him inside and he has not pooped all day.

patsy334

Chirping
Jul 4, 2017
Can chickens take Milk of Magnesia? What else can they take? My Little Man has been lethargic for a three days. I have him inside to watch and he has not pooped all day.

Flax meal may work as a natural laxative that the chicken would like. I don't know if its safe for them to eat milk of magnesia. Has he been eating and drinking? If he's dehydrated and not eating making him poop a lot could make it worse.

Has he been too lethargic to eat or drink? How does his crop feel—empty and flat, full and hard, full and puffy? How old is he and what breed? Do you have any pictures of him?

Can you try to give him some fluids or electrolytes, even pedialyte or gatorade? If he is eating and drinking, and seems constipated, giving something like chilled coconut oil cut into small pieces for him to peck, or a little mineral oil in some cooked egg would be much safer.

Back
Top Bottom