Can diatomaceous earth be used ON the ducks without hurting them?

I believe de can be used some how in swimming pools and That is the stuff than has things in it we don't want to use,
food grade DE is 100 natural product.

I believe de can be used some how in swimming pools and That is the stuff than has things in it we don't want to use,
food grade DE is 100 natural product.
In pools it is used in the filter to filter out small, dirt particles. It works similarly to a sand filter. It is still the shells of diatoms and “natural”, not a pool chemical.

DE are diatoms that have very very rigid cell walls. They can go into a dormant state when conditions are unfavorable. They have existed for a long time with this adaptation. But I can see where chickens really is saying they are sharp like glass. I haven’t researched what would happen to your lungs if you got them in it, but I’d guess it wouldn’t be good because or their rigid shape. In my mind it could be like getting fiberglass shards or asbestos in your lungs. And may tear up the mucus lining of the gut. But like I said I haven’t done the research. I’ve just worked with them in water/pond settings before. Not dried out where they are dust in the air.

Back
Top Bottom