Can dreams ever come true?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Gracethechick, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    If you order chicks, you'd have to pick them up from the post office.

Gracethechick likes this.
  2. Gracethechick

Gracethechick Songster

Mar 28, 2019
    South Carolina
    I asked my foster parents about that, they don’t mind going there since it’s really close and the chicks are live animals in a box waiting for me, but the things on cregslist are “to far to go” or “don’t feel like going anywhere today” is what they tell me

Cyprus likes this.
  3. Gracethechick

Gracethechick Songster

Mar 28, 2019
    South Carolina
    Just wish that I would be able to be able to get some chicks

4. mountainchickens

mountainchickens Songster

Apr 7, 2019
    Colorado
    Hmmm... If there's a free coop or something close by, maybe you could email the sellers and ask them if they could drop it off? No idea if this would actually work but it might be worth a shot...

5. Ms Clucky

Ms Clucky Songster

Jan 22, 2019
    Salem, Illinois
    Bantams are small and pretty easy to take care of. I have some. I agree with The Fowl Guy, you can get a mowing job, or something like that. Maybe your parents can take you to a small animal auction. They probably have supplies there for cheap. I wouldn't recommend getting chickens there. Some of them might have something wrong with them. If you do get supplies there, make sure you wash them really good. I hope you get what you want. If you want some ideas about what kind of Bantams to get, may I suggest Old English. They lay a lot of eggs, they can handle the winter, but some might lose a piece of their comb/waddle due to frostbite. They good setters and really good moms. You can go to Cackle Hatchery.com and check their Old English out. I really wanted the Ginger Reds. They are beautiful. :love Hope you get them. :thumbsup

Gracethechick and Cyprus like this.
  6. Gracethechick

Gracethechick Songster

Mar 28, 2019
    South Carolina
    I had some in the past, and loved them, a self-blue hen, a bb red hen, and a silver duckwing roo

7. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    I like my D'Uccles. Friendly and low maintainance. Also generally more quiet than most breeds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: