Can ducks eat all stock?

The duck father_

Songster
Jan 11, 2022
The feed store is out of duck feed today and tommorow, the only thing I have left is all stock with molasses in it. Will this be okay?

Attachments

• PXL_20220216_164347432.jpg
    PXL_20220216_164347432.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 69
When I used to order from Chewy, I would run out quite often. I usually gave them a bucket of soaked alfalfa or Timothy pellets mixed with chick feed. Since you don't have access to chick feed, maybe cat food or similar with the pellets? The pellet help them feel full, and alfalfa does have good protein amounts.
What are the ingredients in the all stock? Honestly, I'd probably give it to them, but I'd read the ingredients first.

The feed store is out of duck feed today and tommorow, the only thing I have left is all stock with molasses in it. Will this be okay?
If you have any cracked corn or scratch grains, you can mix the corn with some quick cook oatmeal, peas, lettuce, tomato, just stuff you have in your house. If you what to make it better for them, you could add turmeric powder, Cayenne pepper powder and Brewers yeast just sprinkle a little on top

The feed store is out of duck feed today and tomorrow, the only thing I have left is all stock with molasses in it. Will this be okay?
I bought a sack of scratch grains when stocks of duck pellets were getting low, to mix with duck pellets and get my ducks accustomed to eating scratch grains "in case" the duck pellets should be out of stock in the future. My stubborn ducks would not eat the scratch grains!! They have in the past been reluctant to eat crumbles when pellets weren't available, but they did start eating them after a couple of days. Not scratch grains, though. Since that time, I have always kept a full 40lb sack of duck pellets in reserve. That might be an idea for you for the future.

My son has now taken in a feral rooster, and he prefers scratch grains to duck pellets, so the scratch grains are not going to waste.

If you have any cracked corn or scratch grains, you can mix the corn with some quick cook oatmeal, peas, lettuce, tomato, just stuff you have in your house. If you what to make it better for them, you could add turmeric powder, Cayenne pepper powder and Brewers yeast just sprinkle a little on top
This advice seems to be a good suggestion, but I do know of folks that feed dog food to their ducks

i feed them this often enough they like the molasses they also love goat feed for this reason. but since i have ducks chickens, a goat and emus, they all get a little bit of something now and then. It Wont hurt them and they will probably like it more than other feed.

Back
Top Bottom