Can ducks have acidified copper sulfate?

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
Is it ok for ducks if it’s in the waterers that they share with chickens?
I bought some acidified copper sulfate just so I have it in case I need it for my chickens, but they do share water with the ducks. I just don’t know if I ever have to use it would I have to separate the chickens from the ducks while it’s in the chickens water?

Last edited:
Is it ok for ducks if it’s in the waterers that they share with chickens?
I bought some acidified copper sulfate just so I have it in case I need it for my chickens, but they do share water with the ducks. I just don’t know if I ever have to use it would I have to separate the chickens from the ducks while it’s in the chickens water?
Jen: There is an old feed that may help:https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/safe-for-ducks.656813/

Wow, yeah ,thank you . ever since I got chickens and they started having issues and I started buying various new to me kinds of medicines for them i see ads for all kinds of other supplements and cures going on so I just thought I’d stock up on other stuff too I am amazed how many illnesses diseases, pests, and problems chickens can have. I went through seven years with my ducks without hardly any of that. It looks like I can use the copper sulfate as a fertilizer for my garden or some thing maybe a fungicide I don’t know. I guess it could turn out to be useful somehow. Oh well I’ll just keep it.

Back
Top Bottom