can food effect poo????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Farm Chic, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Farm Chic

Farm Chic Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    Davisburg, MI
    I have 6 bantams, OE, Dorkings and silkies. They free range all day long in a 34' x 32' area. they love it when I bring them tomatoes, zucchini, corn, cucumbers, etc. my husband was worried that on of them may have worms because she is smaller than her sister (dorking hens). plus the poo can sometimes be runny, like diarreah. it is not always like to however, so I was wondering if the type of food they eat can effect their poo??

2. coffeelady3

coffeelady3 Froths Milk for Hard Cash

Jun 26, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    As far as food affecting poo....I know it does with me, so why not with chickens!

(Did I just say that?!?!?!?)

3. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    As far as food affecting poo....I know it does with me, so why not with chickens!

(Did I just say that?!?!?!?)

[​IMG]

4. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    food does affect poo...if they are fed to many treats it gets runny if you find that it is for the most part runny then i would cut back on the human food a little now keep in mind that a chicken poop is also pee too so it is normal to have softish poo...

5. chickens112

chickens112 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Cuero Tx
    After ya'll feed them human food like bread and stuff is it yellow and runny sometimes?

6. Farm Chic

Farm Chic Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2008
    Davisburg, MI
    thanks! I think for the most part, it comes out kind of runny but solid at the same time.....as for color, I haven't seen yellow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by