Can I feed my ducks feeder fish?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by crazyduckgirl04, Feb 13, 2017.

1. crazyduckgirl04

crazyduckgirl04 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2017
    It's my ducks birthday and I wanted to do something special. But I I keep reading about different stuff like that fish carry worms or diseases and it's bad for ducks. what do you guys think?? I also heard that fish make duck eggs taste weird but it's a drake so yeah..

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I've never bought feeder fish for my ducks but I do know they love Dried meal worms so maybe get him some for his birthday.

What is the birthday boys name?

crazyduckgirl04 likes this.
  3. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    Shouldn't have a fishy taste if they aren't eating a lot. A couple here and there wouldn't be an issue.

4. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    i buy my ducks smelts, shiners, whatever the feed store has in stock for ice-fishing

and they go NUTS over them

5. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Do you mean feeder goldfish?.....yes, you sure can....I bought some last summer and my Ducks ate them so fast in the kiddie pool I wasn't even sure I actually bought them.....lol....haha!!!

Cheers!

6. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    the only thing i can say about feeder fish is you can only put them in a bowl or pool for them, you can not put them in a natural water way

even the bowl/pool is supposed to be covered so that wild birds cant get to them

7. crazyduckgirl04

crazyduckgirl04 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 20, 2017
    The birthday boys were Puddles, Waddles, and James! They had a very great second birthday I ended up making them a huge salad sorry for the late reply lol I'm having a hard time using this website

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by