Can I keep sticking more underneath her?

You can but almost guaranteed disaster. You can put unfertilized eggs under her to keep her broody and save up the eggs till a clutch then swap them

Forgot to mention earlier: Be aware that a broody chicken hen might kill the ducklings after hatching them, as she might recognize them as alien = wrong kind of peep = no chicken chicks. So have a brooder ready just in case.

Forgot to mention earlier: Be aware that a broody chicken hen might kill the ducklings after hatching them, as she might recognize them as alien = wrong kind of peep = no chicken chicks. So have a brooder ready just in case.
Happened already with our other hen except she didn't kill Lil Quack. Just simply flung her out.

After this experience, why don't you just wait for your duck hen to go broody? As she has already started laying, she might just need some time to collect the right amount of her eggs to set on.
Unfortunately both ducks seem to be "raising" the 3 youngsters despite the fact that the 3 are now 8 weeks old today.

Our Blue Wyandotte named Pebbles has been broody for a week and yesterday I started putting a duck egg underneath her. Currently underneath her is yesterday and today's egg. These are the only eggs underneath her as I pulled the duds out.
The duck that's laying has been getting bred by our drake.

Can I keep putting more underneath her until I have around 6-7?
I think its better to collect the eggs and than put it under the broody hen at once.

Back
Top Bottom