Can I kill a roomba?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Oct 7, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My jeep is paid off, as of a week ago. Since then I've been making a mental note of things I'd really like to have, but never had the money for before.
    I'm seriously thinking about getting a roomba. Assuming that our older GSD Jax doesn't lose his everloving mind when it starts moving across the living room, can a roomba stand up to the fur generated daily by two german shedders?

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:I'm not sure about the Roomba, but can you stand up to two hysterically barking GSDs every time the darn thing wakes up? [​IMG]

My Lab would want to kill it, but he has a thing about shovels, too. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm not sure about the Roomba, but can you stand up to two hysterically barking GSDs every time they darn thing wakes up? [​IMG]

That's what Keith said, but I think once they get used to it....

Kitty is the one I really worry about. She's already the world's most neurotic cat. I'm not sure how much more she can take. [​IMG]

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    are they bagless ? I would think two gsds would fill them up quick. I love our dyson pet hair skitters across the floor and goes bye bye. Big Lots gets refurbished ones that cost about half what a new one runs.

5. littlefarm_bighappy

littlefarm_bighappy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    I've heard they are useless for any living situation other than a sparkly clean metropolitan condo or apartment.

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:That leaves my house out then [​IMG]

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I know two people that have them, and the thing is that you really have to remove anything on the floor if you want it to do a good job. (i.e. breakfast bar stools, floor-based decorations) And then you have to block off where you don't want it to go (i.e. down a certain hall or room). So it seems to me like it's a big project to set it up, and then its cleaning is so random...

8. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    off topic : Gritsar - is that impy in your new avatar?

on topic: I don't have experience in either vac, but have heard tons of good stuff about dysons. It is what I think I will get next.

9. BloominOrchid

BloominOrchid Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Worcester Township
    PASS! More work than they are worth, if your looking for a new vacuum Dyson is the way.
    I thought I killed my dyson, and did some online trouble shooting...and she lives again! lol
    But yeah pass on Roomba, esp if you have kids too, they tend to think you can ride them [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Nope, that's the big guy - my dark brahma roo Thor.

Disappointed to hear this stuff about a roomba.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by