Can I See Everyones Java Peas?!

They can be quite difficult to handle, raise, house, and keep from killing each other. If I lived down south where I could have them I probably would, I'm glad I don't. I am quite content with high Spauldings, they are not as cantankerous and still very beautiful.
IMG_3019.JPG
IMG_2898.JPG
IMG_2930 (2).JPG
IMG_2417.JPG

Last edited:
Pure Greens have a tendency to fence fight with other cocks. When they can't get to the other guy he gets frustrated and takes his emotions out on his hens beating them up. Even high Spauldings have this tendency if you do not put up a sight barrier they too can be hard on their hens if the hens don't have a hiding space. Hearing a lawnmower can also have this effect. Some pure hens can be very domineering and will sometimes hurt or kill another hen in her pen. Greens are beautiful but they are not as easy to keep as Blues or Spauldings, they freak out and act like racquetballs bouncing off the walls and roof of the pen. They also need larger aviaries to be kept in. For more information and to get on a waiting list for Greens contact Bobs Green Peafowl on Facebook or on his website. He is in Salado Tejas. @barkerg

Back
Top Bottom