Can I split a cucumber and feed to my four week olds?

BethieofVA

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
Yorktown, Virginia
I think they might enjoy it and give them something to do.
smile.png
They have grit available. Thanks!

Cucumbers are mostly water so have little feed value, but on the other hand month old chicks are at that age where they can start getting into mischief if they don't have enough space or are bored. Give it to them and it'll keep them occupied for a while.

.....Alan.

I use a blue pb jar lid for treats...when they see me coming they know it is something to EAT!
lau.gif
By the time I get their door open on the hutch, they are about to climb out after whatever it is. I set the lid down and they start pecking...even if it is something new.

Peggy

Boo-Boo's Mama :

I use a blue pb jar lid for treats...when they see me coming they know it is something to EAT!
lau.gif
By the time I get their door open on the hutch, they are about to climb out after whatever it is. I set the lid down and they start pecking...even if it is something new.

Peggy

Great idea!!!!​

From the beginning, I've given my 12 chicks shredded carrots using a microplaner. They love it and can't eat it fast enough. They didn't like bread but they like grapes and tomatoes. I figure a little each day is a good way to introduce variety without compromising the medicated pellets. I rinsed, baked, and crushed eggshell too and they devoured it once the first time but ignored the next batch. Oh, and sweet pea greens. I read to avoid onions and garlic, that it can kill them...

Back
Top Bottom