Can I use NatureMade vitamins for vitamin B or do I have to buy chicken-specific brand?

TheRealFowlLove

In the Brooder
May 5, 2017
AZ
My chooks just went through a Colid treatment and I need to supplement their diet with a boost of Vitamin B. The feed store in my area doesnt sell them anymore (no joke body builders where taking them for their workouts. Smh) and I was wondering if I could use the vitamin B complex supplements they sell at Walgreens? Like, are people vitamins bad for them or maybe they don't pack as big of a punch as the poultry brands? The people vitamins are also way cheaper and I'm in a bit of a bind financially going threw the chickychicks treatment.
Please let me know; I need to get vitamin B into my babies asap!!!
Thanks <3

Attachments

• shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 7
My chooks just went through a Colid treatment and I need to supplement their diet with a boost of Vitamin B. The feed store in my area doesnt sell them anymore (no joke body builders where taking them for their workouts. Smh) and I was wondering if I could use the vitamin B complex supplements they sell at Walgreens? Like, are people vitamins bad for them or maybe they don't pack as big of a punch as the poultry brands? The people vitamins are also way cheaper and I'm in a bit of a bind financially going threw the chickychicks treatment.
Please let me know; I need to get vitamin B into my babies asap!!!
Thanks <3

Yes, you can use those for your chickens. Preferably find a formula with no added iron. Excess B vitamins are excreted in the urine, so they are relatively safe to use, but you don't want to overdose them. How old are you chickens? What I would do is start by crushing one vitamin and adding it to their daily feed. If you are feeding fresh, nutrionally balanced poultry feed, it should have "most" B vitamins that your chickens need. I would only add the "extra" for 1-2days.

Back
Top Bottom