Can my chickens eat this cooked chicken carcass?

cluckmecoop7

💙🖤💙🖤
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 4, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I have this chicken carcass from the store and I really want to give it to my chickens but I’m just worried about the bones. I read a different post saying they did this and a chicken died from getting a bone stuck in her crop. Thoughts?
5ABDA2A8-5B6D-4DE6-BCD5-19A622EB5CEF.jpeg

It would be really convenient if they would consume a whole undressed dispatched commrad. You could just knock an unwanted chicken in the head and toss it back in the pen to recoup some of the feed investment. Unfortunately, it doesn't work and chickens will, all of a sudden, develop a moral code of ethics when it is one of their own.

I have this chicken carcass from the store and I really want to give it to my chickens but I’m just worried about the bones. I read a different post saying they did this and a chicken died from getting a bone stuck in her crop. Thoughts?
View attachment 3274355
I would toss it to them without a second thought.

Rearly? I have half the flock follow me to the cone of demise when I have a bird in my hand
It would be really convenient if they would consume a whole undressed dispatched commrad. You could just knock an unwanted chicken in the head and toss it back in the pen to recoup some of the feed investment. Unfortunately, it doesn't work and chickens will, all of a sudden, develop a moral code of ethics when it is one of their own.

I toss chicken and turkey carcasses to my flock all the time.

Sometimes it's the mess from the strainer after I've made stock. Sometimes I already have enough stock in the freezer and just throw it in.

It's probably theoretically possible for a chicken to choke on a bone, but considering that they're capable of eating mice and small snakes whole I'd expect that to be exceedingly rare.

Back
Top Bottom