Can quail be with

Well.. I live in Denmark. Our winters go as low as -20 celcius. Might not have been below -15 this year. And I had a trio of buttons in an outside aviary which did very well. The aviary is around 3 by 10 ft and the majority of it was enclosed in some way, leaving only the door fully open to the elements. I built 2 boxes with open fronts slightly off the ground at one end, put wood shavings and straw in one and placed a couple of spruce branches in front of it. That was all the insulation they had.

Coco, one of my female button/king quail, was previously kept in an outdoor rabbit hutch before I got her, with only some extra hay as insulation during winter and she did fine. If you have a small group, such as a male and 2-3 females, they will huddle together for warmth and keep one-another warm. Just make sure that if you have multiple males, they have enough room to escape and places to hide for when fights break out.

They may look small, but they are vicious little things with very sharp beaks, and know how to use them, even pecking at the eyes and pulling at the eyelids.

Coco, one of my female button/king quail, was previously kept in an outdoor rabbit hutch before I got her, with only some extra hay as insulation during winter and she did fine. If you have a small group, such as a male and 2-3 females, they will huddle together for warmth and keep one-another warm. Just make sure that if you have multiple males, they have enough room to escape and places to hide for when fights break out.

They may look small, but they are vicious little things with very sharp beaks, and know how to use them, even pecking at the eyes and pulling at the eyelids.
So they could attack the Pheasaants if they try anything

Back
Top Bottom