Can quails get colds?

I know he isn't bobwhite, but it just seemed to fit what he had. It is puzzling me. Since he is drinking, try adding supplements to his water. Electrolytes and such. (Save-a-chick is great!) I would continue to monitor very closely until he can get to the vet. I will research some more for you, and post back if I find something.

He can survive MG. 90% of backyard flocks have it so if it was that deadly, there wouldn't be a lot of chickens in the world. Keep his eyes clean and keep him dry and hydrated. Make sure he is warm but not too hot.

I know he isn't bobwhite, but it just seemed to fit what he had. It is puzzling me. Since he is drinking, try adding supplements to his water. Electrolytes and such. (Save-a-chick is great!) I would continue to monitor very closely until he can get to the vet. I will research some more for you, and post back if I find something.
Okay. Thank you for all your help! I really appreciate it

It was a staph infection! His nasal cavity had become infected and was starting to spread to his left eye and lungs. He's been getting antibiotics twice a day along with nasal and eye drops since Tuesday. The first day he just slept all day and from there on he's been getting better and better. He's still sneezing but isn't sleeping nearly as much and has also started calling again. The vet said he should bounce right back from the infection as long as he gets the antibiotics.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Back
Top Bottom