Can raw meat make a chicken sick or give them worms?

Satomi

Hatching
6 Years
Feb 27, 2013
I have two Polish chickens, and one day I noticed as they were in my back yard that they were eating some sort of dead bird. I have a cat, so I think he killed the bird and the chickens got a hold of it. My chickens are well fed and they enjoy eating lizards sometimes, but they've never eaten a bird. When I took the bird from them, it was kind of torn up. I opened it up (gross I know, but I'm a curious person), and I noticed in the chest of the bird, there were slim little white worms in it's rib cage. They weren't maggots, they look like some sort of parasitic worm. I looked up parasites in birds and I think that they were roundworms. The bird I believe was pretty fresh, it wasn't stiff or anything. However, I worry that my chickens will get sick after eating some of it. Should I be worried?

well chickens are all ways digging around for worms slugs and anything they can eat so i dont think they have any harm to them but you can allways put a bit of laxitive in there diet that will get them out
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom