Can refrigerated eggs be incubated ?

Rolls

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 21, 2010
Northern California
Just a quick questions for you guys, (and gals). Today I had a bantam chicken attacked and killed by a fox. I still have about seven of her eggs from her in my outside refrigerator. I don't know if my bantam rooster fertilized them or not, but if there is any way to possibly raise a chick from one of the eggs, maybe I won't miss my deceased, (as of today) little sweetheart.

Thanks everyone!

Rolls

Im no expert, but I have heard of people sucessfully hatching eggs that have been refrigerated...it's worth a try...

Im sorry you lost your girl
hugs.gif

Last edited:
X-2 on above Think about it (its winter) highly likely the eggs were laid in the cold(depending where you live). If you have them shipped there in cold probably unheated truck.I would rather hatch eggs that been in above conditions than in middle of summer when its 100deg+in hen house /shipping truck...cva34

Unless I mail ordered them all of my hatching eggs are refrigerated before being set in the incubator. I typically get 90% or better hatch rate on my chickens. Just give them a chance to come to room temperature first before putting them in the box otherwise they'll develop a heavy condensation inside of the warm and humid incubator.

Back
Top Bottom