Can someone diagnose this?

I assume you have other ducklings? what breeds? most duckling need extra niacin after hatch because most of us can't get water fowl feed that has the right amount. Other than Purina Flock Raiser which does have enough niacin for water fowl. also other all flock feed. Niacin is needed to make sure they have strong legs and healthy neurological health.

So if using chick starter you need to add some Nutritional yeast to your ducklings feed at 1 Tab to each cup of feed you use.

When one is having issues already then we start them on liquid b complex and the best one is at TSC in the cattle dept. 1 ml daily until your duckling is walking normal then use the nutritional yeast till 10 weeks of age. This can be given over feed make it a small amount so the ducklings get the full dose or something yummy like dried meal worms. When I introduce meal worms to ducklings I kinds of crush them to start with.

I think it’s unabsorbed yolk, but it looks quite dry already. It will continue to draw into the body some, and will scab and eventually fall off. A little dab of antibiotic ointment can be used to keep it a little moist and help with possible infection.
Keep it on something soft and as immobile as possible, so it doesn’t drag it out or rip it open.
You might want to keep her separated also, so the other ducks don’t try to pull it and eat it.

Back
Top Bottom