can someone help me regarding a hen laying on her eggs

My white rock went broody and everyday I took the eggs and made her get up and out of the nest. Lots of stink eye, fluffed up feathers and grumbling, but she never attacked me. It lasted almost 8 weeks before she gave up.

We've now got two cockerels, so I'm hoping she goes broody again in the spring and hatches me some babies!

Good luck with yours!

good idea! lol They are outdoor free range chickens so it would be fairly easy. I also emailed the local egg (and meat) farm and asked if they sell fertilized eggs as well.

Quote:
I love cockerels!!! They are awesome. I actually googled around here trying to find someone that sells them but I had zero luck

I just got excited with the idea but then I realized that I cant guarantee I'll get a hen.... and I legally cannot have a rooster. I live in a subdivison in the middle of a city. LOL.

I almost just posted that having a rooster in a city subdivision is based on weather your neighbors complain or not. So far mine have not. Upps! Did I just say that?

Hi! I have a hen that is broody right now. She has eggs under her and we have a rooster, so there just might be chicks. BUT with the winter coming, do I really want to hatch chicks? I don't want chicks in my basement all winter! lol Help!
hmm.png

Chicks in the basement are not that bad if you scoop the cage daily and have good deoderizers. We did it for 7 long, long did I mention long months? I live in the basement so it was noisy and a bit smelly but I survived. It was bonding experance. Nothing better than relizing you didnt shut the cage and theres a chick in your bed when you wake up. Would so do it agaiN!

Back
Top Bottom