Can someone help me with bumblefoot? PIC WARNING

She’s such a good girl ☺️ so does it look like pus making its way out of the smaller scab?
IMG_0863.jpeg
IMG_0868.jpeg

Almost got the pus out, it was so hard to put her through pain tho :hitwe soaked and i removed the scab a bit and squeezed and i can see the white solid matter come to the surface about to pop out but she shakes and closes her eyes and i just die a little inside. I feel terrible! I know it needs to come out to heal and it’s so much better than the infection spreading, but it’s so hard to put her through this. We quit before we got it all out and wrapped with a neomycin ointment from the vet and Prid again. Hopefully that pulls things to the surface more and it’s easier to work out tomorrow 🙏

I would try the donut splint. This was how my hen's foot was. Could never squeeze anything out because it was an encapsulated kernel. Even a month of Baytril did nothing to help.

I would try the donut splint. This was how my hen's foot was. Could never squeeze anything out because it was an encapsulated kernel. Even a month of Baytril did nothing to help.
Was thinking about that today. It seems like a helpful tool. If we keep going as we are without any progress I will definitely do it. I’m hopeful we can get more to come to the surface and work out.

But the kernel already came out. First picture shows that. I think this is a part of the kernel that stayed in but that's a guess too.

Was thinking about that today. It seems like a helpful tool. If we keep going as we are without any progress I will definitely do it. I’m hopeful we can get more to come to the surface and work out.

But the kernel already came out. First picture shows that. I think this is a part of the kernel that stayed in but that's a guess too.
Could be more than one pocket of infection, so 2 kernels. I thoght you noticed 2 scaps?

Could be more than one pocket of infection, so 2 kernels. I thoght you noticed 2 scaps?
So, you guys have to forgive me, I am ignorant with the terms associated with bumblefoot. There were definitely 2 scabs; the initial big one we soaked and removed that had some white stuck to it, I think that is what is called a “kernel”, yes?

Then there was a tiny second scab near it that we were able to remove but nothing came with it, it was just a small scab. But under that one you could see white pus and it was nearer the swollen/hard area between her toes. That is the area where I am concerned now, because when I push that swollen mass towards the opening from the little scab I see white, which I think is the cheesy chicken pus that needs to be removed.

Please tell me I am not wrong and am mutilating her foot pad for no reason 🥺

Edit: mutilating is dramatic of course, but I feel terrible about causing her pain. Just awful.

So, you guys have to forgive me, I am ignorant with the terms associated with bumblefoot. There were definitely 2 scabs; the initial big one we soaked and removed that had some white stuck to it, I think that is what is called a “kernel”, yes?

Then there was a tiny second scab near it that we were able to remove but nothing came with it, it was just a small scab. But under that one you could see white pus and it was nearer the swollen/hard area between her toes. That is the area where I am concerned now, because when I push that swollen mass towards the opening from the little scab I see white, which I think is the cheesy chicken pus that needs to be removed.

Please tell me I am not wrong and am mutilating her foot pad for no reason 🥺
Yes, sounds like two areas of infection. I would wrap with a donut splint and allow the 2nd one to work its way out.

Back
Top Bottom