Can someone tell me what I'm looking at here? Roosters with odd crows?

BlazenAngel

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 28, 2013
Puerto Rico
Well I was on youtube, looking at chicken vids and came across something odd... My first thought after watching this video was "How could people sleep at night with these Roosters around?"

Sorry if this is the wrong section for this, I'm not sure if it is or not. I'm new.
idunno.gif

hi and welcome! to some people a crowing rooster is music to their ears! and to others it's like fingers on a chalk board! it just depends on which side your on. if it's music to your ears it sounds quite lovely to the person and actually realxing! believe it or not! but true! however you your the other type, it could easily drive you crazy! likely the owners are the first type of people. it likely doesn't bother them a bit. now the neighbors might be a different story! :)

Thank you! Haha I love Rooster crows, I hear them all the time (living on the countryside of Puerto Rico where everybody has chickens and Roos) infact as I type this, I hear one crowing in the distance.
big_smile.png
However this Roo's crow is a bit... out of the ordinary for me.

I guess, If there were any around here though I'd get use to it over time.

HA!!! What a hoot! I love to hear a rooster crowing! -had two bantam roos that I used to bring in at 4:30 every morning. They would perch in the laundry room and crow for about 2 hours. -hubby and I would sip coffee to the dueling crows - greatness! Our neighbors weren't as thrilled about them crowing at various times throughout the day. We rehomed. I do miss the cheerful morning crowing.....

its like music to my ears when i hear my roosters crow. But that? that was drive me insane!!
gig.gif
They are for people who don't want to sleep at night!
gig.gif

That rooster is one of the long crowing breeds:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGK/Long/BRKLongCrow.html

I have marginal tolerance for regular cowers, not sure how I could handle a vigorous Long Crower. And just gotta say 430 is waaaay too early for me!

The Kuro Gashiwa is absolutely gorgeous. I wonder how rare they are nowadays. Or if they are at all, hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom