Can someone tell me what the heck a Cuban Kikiriki and a Puertican Hennie Kikiriki is?

Hi, I don't know if you are still interested in learning about kikiriki chickens but my husband is a breeder, newbie, and we have spoken to most of the best and longest standing breeders in Puerto Rico for ages and learned quite a bit about them. First they are not really Bantam, they were originated using bantams but are specifically selected and bred after many many generations to produce a much smaller chicken. A good kikiriki will weight about 7 ounces and will have very short legs and a great pose with stuck out chest and the tail standing pretty high. They have an adage here that more or less translates into "Kikirikis won't back off a fight". Despite their tiny size I have seen them face a huge 6 pounder without backing off. Another characteristic is that their wings will point a little downward. They come in all colors and styles as a regular chicken, with both rose and single comb, with tail or without tail. You can get a $10-20 dollar kikiriki but it definitely will not be a great example of one. Very good quality chickens will go for as much as $700 (champion). You can get a very good kikiriki for about 125.00. A nice one for $80.00 and so forth. But you must beware as there are a lot of re-sellers that sell junk for $60-100. Hens will go for less but you should still look out for the same characteristics, stuck out chest, short legs and great pose. They don't lay as many eggs as a regular chicken and the most that will usually hatch is about 5 or 6 and that is rare. Our experience has been with 4 at most, usually 1 or 2. They are quite tame compared to English chickens and will usually let you pick them up and stay calm. They are a beautiful hobby and don't require as much space. You must be careful about putting together two males because unless they have been brought up together, they will fight. If you wish to put a pair of males or even three that are strangers to each other, you need space of at least 12 feet by 12 feet. I hope this gives a little information about Kikiriki chickens to those who were wondering!

Hi, I don't know if you are still interested in learning about kikiriki chickens but my husband is a breeder, newbie, and we have spoken to most of the best and longest standing breeders in Puerto Rico for ages and learned quite a bit about them. First they are not really Bantam, they were originated using bantams but are specifically selected and bred after many many generations to produce a much smaller chicken. A good kikiriki will weight about 7 ounces and will have very short legs and a great pose with stuck out chest and the tail standing pretty high. They have an adage here that more or less translates into "Kikirikis won't back off a fight". Despite their tiny size I have seen them face a huge 6 pounder without backing off. Another characteristic is that their wings will point a little downward. They come in all colors and styles as a regular chicken, with both rose and single comb, with tail or without tail. You can get a $10-20 dollar kikiriki but it definitely will not be a great example of one. Very good quality chickens will go for as much as $700 (champion). You can get a very good kikiriki for about 125.00. A nice one for $80.00 and so forth. But you must beware as there are a lot of re-sellers that sell junk for $60-100. Hens will go for less but you should still look out for the same characteristics, stuck out chest, short legs and great pose. They don't lay as many eggs as a regular chicken and the most that will usually hatch is about 5 or 6 and that is rare. Our experience has been with 4 at most, usually 1 or 2. They are quite tame compared to English chickens and will usually let you pick them up and stay calm. They are a beautiful hobby and don't require as much space. You must be careful about putting together two males because unless they have been brought up together, they will fight. If you wish to put a pair of males or even three that are strangers to each other, you need space of at least 12 feet by 12 feet. I hope this gives a little information about Kikiriki chickens to those who were wondering!

I’m going to be in Puerto Rico and I was wondering if anyone in San Juan who was also NPIP might have hatching eggs to sell. I know most of Puerto Rico is still a mess from the hurricane but I’ve heard that San Juan is better off. Thanks!

i breed kikirikis that what hispanics cal bantams in spanish. a cuban kikiriki is the cuban gamefowl bred down till they were small bantams so is the puerto rican gallo fino often called postiza gamefowl. our birds also throw hennies which i breed pure for the hennie tail . our bantams are usually smaller than most bantam breeds.hope this help . ricky torres aka prophet .st.croix,u.s.virgin islands.
Do you sell them? Do you have a website? I’m interested

There are eggs posted on ebay rather expensive fo 7 eggs $59.99 plus shipping what the heck are these chickens, if you do a search the only thing that comes up is the ebay listing for these eggs. Someone please tell me!!!!!! They look like Old English Game Bantams and Seramas.
There are eggs posted on ebay rather expensive fo 7 eggs $59.99 plus shipping what the heck are these chickens, if you do a search the only thing that comes up is the ebay listing for these eggs. Someone please tell me!!!!!! They look like Old English Game Bantams and Seramas.
A hennie is a rooster that looks like a hen

"kikiriki", Spanish for bantam they do have old english and other crossings.
They are very popular birds in Puerto Rico and Cuba. One could find them all over both places,why would one call them P.R or Cuban? I guess its a pride thing. reason why I say that is because we had Black tailed japanese and hamburg bantams and they also called them kikiriki's . The hennie part is throwing me for a loop,I called family on the island that deal with game birds all day and they dont even know. guessing! may be a bloodline.
Henry is a rooster with hen feathering or a gaino

Back
Top Bottom