Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Wolfefarmyard

Crowing
Aug 18, 2017
Gansevoort, NY
Hello, I just bought them today and needed to know if they should still be kept inside or not. They are mostly feathered with a little chick fuzz. I'm not sure what age they are. Our weather here is pretty snowy right now and in the 20s but colder at night. Thank you

Attachments

• 20180304_155459.jpg
    20180304_155459.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 14
How were they being kept at their previous home? While I would have no hesitation putting birds that age and amount of feathering outside ( Frankly I put my day old chicks outside in the coop, with a heat source), What is appropriate for you and your birds may differ. If for example these chicks are accustomed to being kept at temperatures well above what your outdoor temperature is currently are it may be necessary to gradually accustom them to the temperatures outside. If these chicks have been being kept outside then they are already accustomed to those temperatures. Do you have a way to provide heat in their outdoor housing that I'll be going to? If you are and all unsure of their ability to withstand the temperatures being able to provide an option of warps to them may help

How were they being kept at their previous home? While I would have no hesitation putting birds that age and amount of feathering outside ( Frankly I put my day old chicks outside in the coop, with a heat source), What is appropriate for you and your birds may differ. If for example these chicks are accustomed to being kept at temperatures well above what your outdoor temperature is currently are it may be necessary to gradually accustom them to the temperatures outside. If these chicks have been being kept outside then they are already accustomed to those temperatures.

They were kept in their garage which was warmer than outside. So what would you recommend based off of this?

I'd put them in the garage with a heat source for the next few weeks. What will their outside facilities be like?

Back
Top Bottom