Can we block staff members?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Skitz, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Title says it all...no members annoy me, just staff members and I guess that feature wont work for me if I can't lol

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Ummm, no. We see ALL. (insert twilight zone music)

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Hahahaha....no.

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Is there any way to see the moderators that are online?

5. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Not in the same way that you used to be able to. You can see everyone that is online on the Home page but it isn't color coded. You can also see when we're online when you see one of our posts and it shows that we are online.

6. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Would be nice to be able to rate moderators, this can prevent moderator's from abusing their powers.

2 people like this.
  7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Seriously? I mean, are you really being serious here or were you trying to make a joke? Abusing powers? We have an infraction system with named "no-no's" and their assigned points. If you do one of those, you are sent a rules reminder with the assigned points, and sometimes, even if a member deserves those accompanying points, they are given a custom warning with zero points, especially if we feel it was unintentional or it is a first offense. In using that system, it's nearly impossible for a moderator to "abuse power". [​IMG]

So, if you get a warning, you give a moderator a bad rating, even if you really did break a rule and deserve the warning/rules reminder? Yeah, that's going to work really well. [​IMG] As you can imagine, with over 100,000 members from all over the world, every type of person you can imagine, there are some who do feel they are always above the rules.

As to blocking the moderators, how would you feel if the moderators were blocking you when you wanted assistance on the forum? Of course, I think skitz was joking. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    I tried doing that last night and that was negative. But I did block a certain member thats first name start with D and last name is R. So much better! LOVE this option! Now if only we had this option a long time ago!

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hahaha, you really tried blocking a staff member? Me, maybe? [​IMG]

10. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I can see how this feature would be handy for those unable to hold their tongues...I only had one real event where it would have been useful...but those points are expired!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by