Can we block staff members?

I can see how this feature would be handy for those unable to hold their tongues...I only had one real event where it would have been useful...but those points are expired!!

lau.gif
tongue2.gif
gig.gif

LOL... Actually, blocking someone means you can't see THEM, but they can still see you. ;) That way, if someone's posts always annoy you, you never have to see them.

Oh, I KNOW!! If only I hadn't allowed myself to be baited I could have avoided ripping someone a new...armpit. If only I hadn't seen that post!!

LOL... Actually, blocking someone means you can't see THEM, but they can still see you. ;) That way, if someone's posts always annoy you, you never have to see them.

Wait, you can block people (in general)? Can free members do that?
Yes, anyone can do that. The only members you cannot block are the staff. To block someone, you can
  1. Go to their profile and in the list under their avatar click "Block member."
  2. Right at their post, hover your mouse over their username and in the drop down list click "Block member."

I would never block staff anyway... Much better for ourselves if we follow the rules.
wink.png

I have a question if we block that member does it also block them from bidding on our auctions.
fl.gif
I'm not sure... As far as I have been able to understand, blocking a member simply blocks all their posts from appearing on your screen. It may, however, also inlcude blocking them from following you, possibly from bidding on your auctions.

Hahahahah. I wouldn't want to block any of the staff! Well, maybe one lol jk! :p But there are a few members I would like to block........

I have a question if we block that member does it also block them from bidding on our auctions.
fl.gif

That's actually an interesting question, Michelle. Since their posts don't show up for you and "bidding" is actually by reply in a thread at this point in time, you wouldn't see their bid if they were blocked by you. Hmm.

Hmm... interesting question about blocking people in an auction!

In theory, if you block someone, that just means you can't see the person's posts... so the blocked person could reply as a "bid" and you wouldn't know it.

As we look into improving the BST functionality we'll look into seeing if there is a way to block people from bidding that is independent of blocking from seeing their posts.

In the interim:

1. We might suggest that if you're an active seller / lister of auctions it might be a good idea not to block too many peeps.
  2. As the seller you now have way more control over who you sell to. Someone sends you a PM and you politely decline to sell to them. No more situations where someone you don't want to sell to bids on your item or does a Buy It Now which would have impacted or closed your listing in the old system

Back
Top Bottom