Can we build it? Yes we can... probably... kind of!

They look great and are holding up nicely. I've got to ask, is that not what you used? The Ondura panels from Lowes are asphalt and coated with various paint colors (brown, green, red...). Either way, I'm very happy with them.

Yes, it was the Ondura roofing system in brown. This may be a dumb question, but what did you use to cut it down?

Yes, it was the Ondura roofing system in brown. This may be a dumb question, but what did you use to cut it down?
Not a dumb question, but on one side I used a jig saw and on the other side I used a reciprocating saw. I've seen people use circular saws as well.
I made a vid of my coop build. Just click the "My Coop" link next to my profile pic. You'll see me cut one side of the panel in the video.
I used a line level to mark a line on the panel before cutting it.

Don't use tin snips to cut Ondura roof panels. Use a saw like I mentioned above. Either a circular, reciprocating, or jig saw. You can also use a utility knife, but saws are quicker and easier.

We have a circular saw that we can use to cut it down. We somehow managed to break the jig saw while trying to cut the plywood. The roof was the one thing that we're really iffy about. It looks okay, I just hope it won't leak.

We have a circular saw that we can use to cut it down. We somehow managed to break the jig saw while trying to cut the plywood. The roof was the one thing that we're really iffy about. It looks okay, I just hope it won't leak.

I want you to be very proud of what you built Please it will not leak how you did it!

Back
Top Bottom