Solved Can we keep AI photos off the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture looked real at first, But then I saw the lemon tree in the back that somehow is growing from a small pot, and then I looked at the chick, then realized it gave an off vibe.. and then I locked it in as ai when I saw that really small yellow thing next to the chick that seems to try to be some strawberry, The ai must have gotten tricked by all of the yellow and accidentally turned it yellow.
or wait.. Is that cheese? Does AI genuinely think chicks wake up and want to eat cheese? :lau

Yes please!!! There is no good reason to use them other than laziness. The problems with AI are bigger than this forum. Let's not give in.

I don't see the big deal, you have to ask permission to use real images and such so this seems easy.
BYC has managed to exist for all these years without resorting to AI, and permissions don't seem to have been a problem in all that time. We'll be fine going as we have.

It's not as if they are trying to pass it off as a real photo...
Really? The image isn't marked as generated by AI in any way, and it appears in a space where so far all of the images have been real photos. So the natural conclusion a user would draw is that this, too, is a real photo. You'd be surprised how many people can't tell the difference between real and fake, and that's what's scary. They can be manipulated to believe anything, because they "saw it in a photo". Yes, this is just chickens and at the end of the day not that serious, but by allowing AI to blur the line between real and fake on here, even an innocent chicken forum is contributing to the larger problem of blurring the line in general.

Yes please!!! There is no good reason to use them other than laziness. The problems with AI are bigger than this forum. Let's not give in.

BYC has managed to exist for all these years without resorting to AI, and permissions don't seem to have been a problem in all that time. We'll be fine going as we have.

Really? The image isn't marked as generated by AI in any way, and it appears in a space where so far all of the images have been real photos. So the natural conclusion a user would draw is that this, too, is a real photo. You'd be surprised how many people can't tell the difference between real and fake, and that's what's scary. They can be manipulated to believe anything, because they "saw it in a photo". Yes, this is just chickens and at the end of the day not that serious, but by allowing AI to blur the line between real and fake on here, even an innocent chicken forum is contributing to the larger problem of blurring the line in general.
Its just really strange, It is incredibly unnecessary and if they DID have permission problems they could just ask the community to use some of their pictures, Or take some from POW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom