Can we talk breadmakers?

Well I talked to DH last night about a mixer and he is quite willing to get a kitchenaid the day after thanksgiving at the black friday deals.We went to the black friday website and their ARE some deals on some. Guess it would be my Christmas present.Can't say THAT thrills me but that IS a lot to lay down for no occasion.

NOTE: The following is being posted by the husband of bkreugar with the bkreugar ID.

There is NO WAY that after nearly 18 years of marraige that I would EVER buy a mixer for a Christmas gift. Nor would I buy a vacuum, or other "domestic" tool.

My beloved wants a Kitchenaid. She will get one, although I would prefer to wait untill the inevitable deal(s) on Black Friday.

She will get something else entirely for Christmas present(s)

Just didn't want anyone to get the idea that I was one of "those" foolish idiot husbands.

Carry on..................................

I currently am trying to cut carbs, so don't eat so much bread now. We had used a breadmaker heavily a few years ago. I had a white bread mixture that was really easy and with a very cruncy crust similar to regular french bread. I used an electric knife and one of those cutting guides, ending up with evenly cut bread, even when it was still fairly hot. The reason I liked it the most was the odor of the fresh baking bread. It took about 5 minutes or less to prep a loaf.

Quote:
love.gif

Quote:
You don't need an occasion to buy something. Your husband is doing for himself too, I'm sure.
wink.png
Let him do it for you AND you still get a Christmas present. You are lucky!

Quote:
Now there's a lovely AND smart man.
celebrate.gif

I have 3 bread machines - two $40 West Bend models, and a $4 Goodwill. I've had one of the West Bends for about 12-13 yrs. Now I make bread, rolls, etc for farmers market sales and added the others. I use them on dough setting only. They save a lot of time and effort doing all the mixing and rising for me. Then I shape the loaves, rolls etc and bake in the conventional oven.

I'd love a Kitchenaid but thus far haven't been willing to lay out the $$$. Part of the issue there is we already have things like a meat grinder, sausage stuffer, food slicer, etc - so the need for a Kitchenaid with attachments is reduced.

My mom has a Kitchenaid. She's constantly baking cakes, cookies, deserts and loves it. She's not much on baking breads.

I would love a stand mixer for many reasons other than just bread, but I can't bring myself to shell out that kind of money.

I do love my bread maker and this is the time of year I really start using it. It was a $40 bread maker from walmart. I use it to make dough that I take out and bake in the oven as rolls. It so much easier than timing, punching down etc. I also use it to make pizza/calzone dough. I make quick bread and bake regular bread in it as well. I do hate that so many of the pre mixed bread mixes are gone from the shelves in my area, but its not hard to make a mix. I have found that with each new recipe I have to look at the dough as its mixing and see if it needs more water or more flour, it took me a little while to get a good feel for what it should look like.

Back
Top Bottom