Can White Orpingtons be used to make red sex-links?

Quote:
I was asking because I was going to buy some hens from a lady who was downsizing her flock. The only reason I would want the White Orpingtons would be to make Sexlinks, so I didn't get them (I bought all of her Barred Rocks though
tongue.png
). The lady had three White Orps at the time, but since then a fox got one of them, and one of them flipped a black rubber pan over on herself and fried herself in the August heat... So she only has one White Orp hen left, but my coops are all full.
hmm.png

Ugh That would be a horrible way to die. I found one of my hens under a pan one time but luckily she was still alive and well when I found her.

ChickFarmer I'm not sure about the "penguin" pattern, I just know they are smokey grey, but anyway this thread is a little old and Cowgirl and I have talked alot about Sexlink making via PM since she started this thread and I think we have her set on the breeds she wants. I believe she has decided on the RIWs for making the Red/Golden Sexlinks.

Quote:
Yep, I'm planning to get some RIWs! And some more Barred Rocks too...

I think I'm staying away from Orpingtons. I spent my life trying to break broodies last summer!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom