Can you figure out what breed and gender this is?

amymccorkle

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 2, 2013

I was given the golden chicken on 4/16/13 and it was not fully feathered out yet and I think must be between 13 and 15 weeks. I heard crowing yesterday and I think it must be this one. The chickens behind it in the 2nd picture are supposed to be around 20 weeks now and I was told they were all girls. Of the others, 3 are suppose to be 2 black astrolorps and 1 ameraucana. This is my first time having chickens. Can you tell from these pictures what the golden one is and the gender?

Turns out she is a girl after all!! Started laying white eggs a couple of weeks ago and she is around 9 months old now.

Turns out she is a girl after all!! Started laying white eggs a couple of weeks ago and she is around 9 months old now.
That is good!
woot.gif

In the all hen flocks sometimes a hen decides to take on the protector role and will try to crow. I had one in my first flock of 3 production hens. The one I called redneck rebel that had the bare neck (was probably the favorite of the prior owners rooster) was the smallest but definitely the boss. She used to mount the other girls too.

Glad yours was a hen. Figure out who was making crowing noises?

Back
Top Bottom