Can you freeze home made hot pepper sauce? (like a Tabasco sauce)

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Just wondering because i made some tonight and i dont want it to go to waste. Thanks

Thanks Impie! No, there are no chunks of tomato or onion..(i pureed it..)
So then it should be fine?

It can be frozen ONLY if you post the recipe here for us!
big_smile.png
lol.png

Quote:
heehee It was Easy!
Okay i took a mix of our peppers. (at LEAST 12 or so mix of peppers) I grilled about half of them. and removed some of the seeds. THe other half i just kept raw. with seeds intact. I used Habanero, Jalapeno, red chili, hungarian wax peppers.
Also..when i was grilling the peppers, i also sliced a red onion in rings and grilled them also.
So..grill about half the peppers and set aside...
In a sauce pan i sauteed the raw peppers in butter with garlic until just soft. then i added the grilled peppers and onion to the saucepan and added 3 cups of white vinegar, about 3 cups orange juice, juice from 1 lime, about 3-4 cups fresh brewed coffee..(i know, it sounds gross!..but it came out good!You cant taste the coffee at all.. I should have used more actually) Oregano, Corriander, and a handful of sugar, 3 Tablespoons Kosher salt, 1 small can diced tomato, and 1/2 a big can of whole tomatos.
I brought the mixture to a boil and then let it simmer for about an hour...
keep tasting as you go..(ouch!) Then i took one of those hand blender things...and pureed it smooth.

Also..this sauce is very hot..so..just make it to your taste..

Also..if you dont have a hand blender..you can put it in a regular stand blender...just be careful of mixing hot stuff in a blender.(by hot i mean..hot from cooking..NOT hot pepper hot..LOL )..it can explode..

Last edited:
droolin.gif
That looks (and sounds) SO yummy!!! We a bunch of jalapenos (we let some turn red too!), serranos, and thai dragon peppers. Our habanero didn't produce much, if any, fruit this year.
sad.png
Maybe I'll grab a few from the store. Thanks so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom