Can you help ID this girl?

Do a search on "Buff Laced Brahma". I know she doesn't have the feathered legs but that is what she looks like. If you throw in "Buff Laced" in front of different breed names similar birds come up too. Good luck!

BTW-She sure is beautiful!

Thank you everybody for the feedback and for the compliments on my pretty girl.

And hmmmcc123 - thank you for the tip on the buff laced brahmas - those are gorgeous birds! And I love brahmas to begin with, so now I want to look into those! lol

I'm starting to think that you are all correct - she's just a hot barnyard mess, I mean .... mix.
wink.png
I suspect the breeder was probably messing around trying to create his own "red chantecler" and this is what he came up with and just called it a red chantecler, because she does look a lot like them (the few photos I can find) but just her comb is wrong. All his other breeds are gorgeous, including his buff chanteclers, so I'm guessing he was trying to breed a red one and didn't quite pull it off.

But you're all correct - she is a beautiful bird with a fluffy butt, and she lays really well, and she's super sweet, and that's what counts!

(Now to get my hands on one of those buff laced brahmas!)

Lori

Probably had a rooster out sneaking around
wink.png
And white legs are also the norm for Sussex (and I'm sure a few other breeds). I wouldn't expect that either parent had feathered legs since she has clean legs rather than lightly feathered. That narrows it down very little, though. I can say, though, that she's NOT AN EASTER EGGER
gig.gif
If you were just looking for a pretty layer, it doesn't really matter what's in the mix since she's got those qualities nailed.

Back
Top Bottom