Can you help me identify rooster or hen at 9 weeks?

Thats what I thought, They are more white then black as well I think thats a sign as well Thank You!

I bought 15 day old Australorps guaranteed to be hens from Efowl. They are now 9 weeks old. More than half have red feathers around their neck. It does not bother me so much that they are probably a mixed breed, what bothers me is how to tell if they are indeed hens and not roosters. would close up photos uploaded here tell the tale with the experts here?
Thanks, Phil

I bought 15 day old Australorps guaranteed to be hens from Efowl. They are now 9 weeks old. More than half have red feathers around their neck. It does not bother me so much that they are probably a mixed breed, what bothers me is how to tell if they are indeed hens and not roosters. would close up photos uploaded here tell the tale with the experts here?
Thanks, Phil

Photos of them when you received them as well as photos of the birds as they are now will definitely help to identify breed and gender. I have a suspicion given the description of how they are feathering in, which is why I am asking for one showing them as day olds. At 9 weeks they are very much in the range of age where gender will be fairly apparent.

Thanks, Phil
welcome-byc.gif

I'm thinking red sex links, from your description. But yes, go ahead and post pictures and we'll help you out.

roo or pullet? Not quite sure how old but I got s/he end of January and I believe s/he was about 2 weeks old.

This was my americauna about a week after I got s\he and s\he was already 1-2 weeks old. roo or pullet?

roo or pullet? Not quite sure how old but I got s/he end of January and I believe s/he was about 2 weeks old.
With that much red in the comb at only 2ish months I'd guess cockerel, but it's not the greatest pic. Can we get a profile shot and/or a better comb shot?

Back
Top Bottom