Can you ID this duckling?

I'm surprised no one has suggested Welsh Harlequin yet. I have 3 that I've purchased from TSC over the past couple of years. They all looked exactly like your little one. The tail and wing feathers will start coming in brown and white flecked and will have a white chest. They will also get the brown and white flecked feathers on the top of their head. I'm almost positive that is what you have on your hands.

Last edited:
Probably because we don't expect to see WH are TSC.
I think it honestly depends on which hatchery your TSC gets their ducklings from. When I initially suspected that I had one the first time around, I called to find out where they got their ducklings from. I went on the hatchery's website and found out they they do ship WH in with their mixed ducklings. I think they just get overlooked because, like you said, people don't expect to find them there. But sometimes you get lucky. I got one just a few weeks ago. It was the last in with a group of KC. I immediately knew it was a little WH drake. Sure enough, its feathers are coming in just the same as my other 2.

These were my 1st 2 WH that I got at TSC last year. The 1st pic was taken the day that I got them. I went by the bill color sexing and it was accurate. I had a duck and a drake. The other pics were after they started getting their feathers and I knew for a fact that's what they were.
20190408_095552.jpg

Attachments

• 20190408_095507.jpg
    20190408_095507.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom