Can you put any type rooster with any type of hens ?

it's not always easy to add one bird to an existing flock. How old are your females and how old is the male?
Just found that out 😃
The hens tried to kill him even though they are all similar ages. I've separated them into runs next to each other so they can all get used to each other for a while in a controlled fashion. 👍👍👍

I would get a rooster the similar age or a bit older and all depends what breed of rooster. If you want to breed pures then I'd get the same breed as the hens. Other wise if your not fussed then get any breed of rooster

:loveOh, and we need photos of him!
The small one is the one that got beaten up by the hens for 2 days until I separated them.
The big one I have just been given this morning, so have put him in with the small one so the hens can see them and get used to them for a while without contact.
20201115_121820.jpg

They look like Leghorns. It appears you have a treat pile, a good idea but I would spread it out more. I would quarantine the new male anyway for awhile. You never know if he has been in contact with something that could affect your birds to be on the safe side. Good luck and have fun...

I'm new to hens and have just bought a dozen for eggs. They are around 3 months old.
I'm looking for a rooster to put with them and wondering, can I put any type rooster with my hens ?
Can I put any age rooster with them or do they need to be similar ages ?
Thanks.
20201202_142900.jpg

A friend gave me this rooster yesterday, what type is it please ?

Back
Top Bottom