Can you sex eggs?

Alright...that's what I'm talking about. This is starting to feel more like the couple of other forums that I frequent. Let'm have it.

I don't have chickens yet, but I guess I'll have to tell my wife that when we get our chickens we'll have to be movin' out into the boondocks and having a run down house. I know that she'll be thrilled.

Thanks for the heads up tabby.

Quote:
I have more hens hatch out when it is cooler... just sayin'?

Also (and I didn't read all the posts, so forgive if this was said)... more rounded at the end = hens... more pointed = roos? Don't know myself but a friend swears by this.

edited to say... WOW I must have missed a fun time on here! Just finished reading all the posts! Oh... and sorry... the pointy thing had been brought up... oops.

Last edited:
Just a mention about the swinging car keys. My uncle and cousin swear by this method and this year are over 90% accurate. The way they do it is to suspend a ring on a chain. The ring will swing in circles if it is a pullet egg and swing back and forth if it is a roo egg. My Aunt fines water using a forked stick and I have found buried water lines and electrical lines useing bent brazing rods. It might sound silly to some, but I have always used the adage that if what works in the field doesnt agree with what is written in the books, you go with what works in the field.

Quote:
Exactly! Just like many people will say that when they had temp spikes in the bator, mostly roo's hatched out. However.....it did lower the overall hatch rate because the females didn't make it. It can't magically change what's already in the shell, just gives a certain sex the advantage because they tolerate that temp better.

AMEN!!!!
thumbsup.gif
Murano! I believe you are right. Now, which sex tolerates heat better and which tolerates cold better?

Last edited:
I am sad I missed all the fun :-( I saw this topic come up several times and I kept telling myself >>>I ain't touching that one>>>>and go figure I missed all the good humor. *pout*

Back
Top Bottom