Can you taxidermy a rooster?

No, I'm not joking. The OP's post and subsequent posts were embarrassing. I'm done with this whole farce. The absolutely ignorant, illiterate and plain ass stupid questions that are answered ad nauseum on this forum are enough to make me leave. I didn't need the outright racism that is apparently glorified in this thread to help me leave---it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. See ya. Wouldn't wanna be ya.
Lol this is great this post is literally the meaning of a farce!! Bless your heart you should not listen to your other farcerers without doing your homework at least with meanings of words you use lol

Sorry, I was not trying to gossip. I had just found those pictures on the internet. I'm really sorry again
Donā€™t worry, thereā€™s no denying one thing: its disrespectful to the animals in so many ways
You tagged the wrong person nutter!
@The Phantom
Poor @phantom and @The Phantom! Iā€™m sure thatā€™s not the first time itā€™s happened to them

Like me and poor old @Chicken. Gosh I wonder how many alerts (s)he has.

Donā€™t worry, thereā€™s no denying one thing: its disrespectful to the animals in so many ways

Poor @phantom and @The Phantom! Iā€™m sure thatā€™s not the first time itā€™s happened to them

Like me and poor old @Chicken. Gosh I wonder how many alerts (s)he has.
I have this same problem too. I'm @Ninjasquirrel not @Ninja Squirrel. We get mixed up all the time. The worst part of it is that if people vote for you for things they sometimes don't know the difference unless they are following you. Luckily our mods do a wonderful job correcting any discrepancies. I think itd be nice if a "did you mean?"type thing came up to indicate that there is more than one similar name.

Again though...all those feet are real and the eyes are inset into the skull. I really feel like they were trying to rip me off :mad:
I personally don't understand what you are mad about..

They offered a product described as they saw it.. AND you've had many folks tell you how taxidermy works.. It's VERY not life like and made with foam and other things.. that's WHY they tend to do hunting trophies and not do pets. Did you take photos?

So they don't appear to be liar.. just place a different value on the product than you did.. As the buyer you have the right to walk away.. and you can try to negotiate.. but why be mad that someone didn't agree to the value YOU placed on their product??? Ever buy art work? It's not usually cheap.

That's not ripping someone off or trying to to... it's selling a (poor quality) product.. Regarding inset of eyes and such.. it's a craft not ALL will be good at it. So the birds you were looking at were more crude.. different artist, different time, etc.. At least, that's how I would perceive it.

I'm glad you didn't buy it too, maybe you can pick it up at Goodwill next week! Or not since you think they're fake.

As a person, who's lost loved ones AND raises chickens plus seen hundreds of taxidermy birds at museums... why would someone come to an "estate sale" and like a complete arss over a lousy $30?! That's both greed AND arrogance.. :duc

Please remember raising chickens doesn't quite make us experts... and certainly doesn't teach us how to treat our fellow human beings.. but it does continue to grow our learning adventures! :wee

Also.. energy spent sweating things like this bring bad hormones. Let it go. Goose blah blah (deep breath). ;)

Kindness is healing! :hugs

I'm still on page one and reading the rest of the thread and mean to support you (while I learn), not ugliness. Can't wait to see what the outcome's been!:pop

I agree, I thought that was pretty terrible. Taxidermy in my head is to preserve an animal for the sake of its beauty (if that makes sense)
Believe it or not.. it's done for education (scientific preservation) also and not just vanity or pride.

yeah šŸ˜• I don't know how you get so many of the same chick that died "naturally"

As an avid breeder and hatcher.. having faced power outages, predator attacks, housing failures from wind/weather, terrible broody's, and any number of anomalies.. As unlikely as it seems.. things do happen.. just the broiler industry alone looses tons of chicks daily.. they didn't have to come from a private source. Many chick hatch looking fine then pass after day 3 from internal conditions... AND.. I've personally received shipment of chicks in the mail where 23/25 passed.. from shipping stress.. which is a "natural" cause. It's hard to wrap our mind around lots of things but that doesn't make them not true. ;)

I personally don't understand what you are mad about..

They offered a product described as they saw it.. AND you've had many folks tell you how taxidermy works.. It's VERY not life like and made with foam and other things.. that's WHY they tend to do hunting trophies and not do pets. Did you take photos?

So they don't appear to be liar.. just place a different value on the product than you did.. As the buyer you have the right to walk away.. and you can try to negotiate.. but why be mad that someone didn't agree to the value YOU placed on their product??? Ever buy art work? It's not usually cheap.

That's not ripping someone off or trying to to... it's selling a (poor quality) product.. Regarding inset of eyes and such.. it's a craft not ALL will be good at it. So the birds you were looking at were more crude.. different artist, different time, etc.. At least, that's how I would perceive it.

I'm glad you didn't buy it too, maybe you can pick it up at Goodwill next week! Or not since you think they're fake.

As a person, who's lost loved ones AND raises chickens plus seen hundreds of taxidermy birds at museums... why would someone come to an "estate sale" and like a complete arss over a lousy $30?! That's both greed AND arrogance.. :duc

Please remember raising chickens doesn't quite make us experts... and certainly doesn't teach us how to treat our fellow human beings.. but it does continue to grow our learning adventures! :wee

Also.. energy spent sweating things like this bring bad hormones. Let it go. Goose blah blah (deep breath). ;)

Kindness is healing! :hugs

I'm still on page one and reading the rest of the thread and mean to support you (while I learn), not ugliness. Can't wait to see what the outcome's been!:pop
Had they been 100 percent real taxodermied roos I would have said the 30 dollars was more than fair. And I would not have bought them because I am uninterested in buying a taxodermied bird. The thing that I was miffed about was that they are not taxodermied birds and they claimed that they were...going so far as to say they had an expert look at them. Thats a misrepresentation of a product which is false advertising. Anyway you're still reading along. Enjoy the conversation!

Believe it or not.. it's done for education (scientific preservation) also and not just vanity or pride.
Taxidermy is done is two different ways. One like you said is for scientific studies. These birds/animals are not taxidermied to looks really real, but to fit into storage and still appear as close to the real thing as possible. Itā€™s actually very interesting. Taxidermy as we see for art, is not an easy thing to master or preserve. Museums have to be extremely careful with their displays, many of the taxidermies are over 100 years old, or very delicate. I would never say taxidermy is a bad thing. In fact, I think itā€™s pretty amazing what can be done.

(UNLESS the animals are killed for it, and sold for high prices)

As an avid breeder and hatcher.. having faced power outages, predator attacks, housing failures from wind/weather, terrible broody's, and any number of anomalies.. As unlikely as it seems.. things do happen.. just the broiler industry alone looses tons of chicks daily.. they didn't have to come from a private source. Many chick hatch looking fine then pass after day 3 from internal conditions... AND.. I've personally received shipment of chicks in the mail where 23/25 passed.. from shipping stress.. which is a "natural" cause. It's hard to wrap our mind around lots of things but that doesn't make them not true. ;)

Your right. Chicks die from natural causes all the time. Absolutely no denying that itā€™s possible they used naturally dead birds. BUT that doesnā€™t mean they didnā€™t.

It breaks my heart to see how they used the animals. It isnā€™t funny at all, we can all agree on that :(

Taxidermy is done is two different ways. One like you said is for scientific studies. These birds/animals are not taxidermied to looks really real, but to fit into storage and still appear as close to the real thing as possible. Itā€™s actually very interesting. Taxidermy as we see for art, is not an easy thing to master or preserve. Museums have to be extremely careful with their displays, many of the taxidermies are over 100 years old, or very delicate. I would never say taxidermy is a bad thing. In fact, I think itā€™s pretty amazing what can be done.

(UNLESS the animals are killed for it, and sold for high prices)

Your right. Chicks die from natural causes all the time. Absolutely no denying that itā€™s possible they used naturally dead birds. BUT that doesnā€™t mean they didnā€™t.

It breaks my heart to see how they used the animals. It isnā€™t funny at all, we can all agree on that :(
If nothing else taxidermy should be done in a respectful manner. I know I wouldnt want my body to look like a human centipede after I die let alone have someone do that to any creature.

Back
Top Bottom