Can you tell what these Chicks are?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by nekramp, Mar 12, 2013.

1. nekramp

nekramp New Egg

Dec 1, 2012
    I got most of them figured out just can't figure out the chipmunk looking one and the yellow one with the puffy cheeks! Any help would be great!!!!!!

[​IMG]
    The Bottom Right I believe is a Buff Brahma, The grey one is a Blue cochin not sure on the black ones and the top right i believe is a Rhode Island. These are all guesses from looking at pictures as this my first time owning chickens!!

2. OCpeep

OCpeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2012
    Orange County, CA
    The two black ones with white on the head are probably barred rocks. The "chipmunk" looking one could be an easter egger. Does it have fluffy cheeks?

3. nekramp

nekramp New Egg

Dec 1, 2012
    No fluffy cheeks! I ordered a Banevelder but i'm pretty sure that was the one that didn't make it when the Chicks arrived!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  4. Where are they from? What breeds did you order?

5. CityCraft

CityCraft Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    The gals with the white spots on their heads are Barred Rocks like my babies!

6. nekramp

nekramp New Egg

Dec 1, 2012
    I ordered them from Meyer Hatchery. I ordered Blue Cochins, Rhode Island, Delaware, Barnevelder, Barred Rock, Cuckoo Marrans, Easter Egger, Buff Brahma. I got 16 chicks in all with the "Meal maker" that they gave me. I lost 4 chicks and gave half of the remaining 12 to my niece and nephews!

7. SD Bird Lady

SD Bird Lady Chillin' With My Peeps

yellow with puffy cheeks is your EE

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by