Can you treat for respiratory infection and yeast infection at the same time?

mandarin1

Songster
7 Years
Jun 13, 2015
I have been treating for a respiratory infection and I'm using a respiratory soluable powder that has a combination of Sulfamethoxypyridezine, Trimethoprim, Bromhexine, Hydrochlonide, Tylosin, Tetracycline Hydrochloride and Sodium phenylbutazone, but I was told I may need to also treat for a yeast infection due to the antibiotics, but do I treat for the respiratory and then when that's over treat for the yeast infection or can I treat for both at once? For the yeast infection (as a preventative) I have medistatin. I just don't want to render one or the other to where it doesn't work, because they counteract each other. Thank you!

I have been treating for a respiratory infection and I'm using a respiratory soluable powder that has a combination of Sulfamethoxypyridezine, Trimethoprim, Bromhexine, Hydrochlonide, Tylosin, Tetracycline Hydrochloride and Sodium phenylbutazone, but I was told I may need to also treat for a yeast infection due to the antibiotics, but do I treat for the respiratory and then when that's over treat for the yeast infection or can I treat for both at once? For the yeast infection (as a preventative) I have medistatin. I just don't want to render one or the other to where it doesn't work, because they counteract each other. Thank you!
Medistatin (nystatin) is sometimes used prophylactically with antibiotics.

I started an article about treating yeast with Medistatin, but haven't researched using it prophylactically yet.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...medistatin-nystatin-under-construction.74105/

Oh, if you al can, will you please rate and review my article? Let me know if there is anything I can do to made it better or easier to understand and I will see what I an come up with.

Thanks in advance!

Medistatin (nystatin) is sometimes used prophylactically with antibiotics.

I started an article about treating yeast with Medistatin, but haven't researched using it prophylactically yet.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...medistatin-nystatin-under-construction.74105/
Thank you for your quick response! I will go ahead and start her on that as well, just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to counteract what she was already taking:) You're a wealth of knowledge and thank you again!!

You're welcome and thanks for reviewing my article. You've given me something to think about and I will look for a way to make the article better

How's your bird doing?
She is getting better :D You can only hear the gurlging sound when she gets excited like whenever I go to catch her to give her her medicine. Before she was making that sound and gasping for air when she was just roosting or sitting down. I'd say she's on a downhill slide of things thank goodness. I also treated that peachick and it is doing just fine and all back to normal. Thank you again for all your help, it is really appreciated!!

I know this is old, but are you eating the eggs after this med, as many are not allowed for use in laying birds? I think we have the same med, and I learned this too late. I'm devastated that I cannot use my eggs anymore.

Back
Top Bottom