My Buttercup has a Respiratory Infection …

jBabychickn

Songster
Jul 19, 2021
Lexington, KY
My Coop
My Coop
Hi All …

We had to take our Silkie Hen, Buttercup, into the Vet first thing this morning as a “Walk-in” due to significant labored breathing.
After checking over her belly for any possible reproductive issues or free fluid and finding nothing (thank goodness; I always stress about that first) They Dx’d her with a classic respiratory infection and Rx’d an antibiotic, clavamox (amoxicillin)….

Of course, I ran outta there and forgot to ask if I should be bleach-cleaning their community waterer buckets every day before start of a new day to keep things tidy and cleaner for the other flock members…I mean, they've all been living together this far and no one else is showing signs as of anything yet that I’ve noticed… (knock on wood) 😱

Any other housecleaning advice or important experiences that can be shared with this Chicken-keeper….This is my first respiratory infection!

PS-
My girl, sure does love to lay right in front of the outdoor barn fan everyday and nap. I mean, right up in it to the point of hilarity.
— Wonder of that coulda done her in for all this respiratory stuff? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thanks, friends!!! ♥️👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom