Can you use this size wood for coop?

I am jealous of your woodpile! I looked in my wood bin yesterday and it's almost empty... WAHHHH!!!!
hit.gif

My circular saw is HUNGRY!!!

You could rip 25 of them down and make 2x5 or there about..then turn them on side and rip again and have 1x 5 for siding,with that many boards you could truly build a nice coop.
Have Fun with it..

Don in Spiro

measure twice, cut once, start swearing, and then tell yourself, "it's just a chicken coop" and nail it up anyway.

lol, building my coop now, and that has been my experience over the last few days....

Presuming that your 2x10's are 8 feet long:
300 x 10/12 x 8 feet = 2,000 square feet of surface area, i.e., you could have a wall that was eight feet tall and 250 feet long.
or (another way)
300 x 10 inches = 3000 inches 3000 divided by 12 = 250 feet
You can build a 25' x 100' coop with walls that are eight feet high.
WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION?

Quote:
ha
lol.png
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

oh and by the way

pozarnsk
Today 8:22 am measure twice, cut once, start swearing, and then tell yourself, "it's just a chicken coop" and nail it up anyway.

lol, building my coop now, and that has been my experience over the last few days....

soooo true.. I found this to be what happend when building my coop..

I would absolutly love having that wood pile.. You rip just a few into thirds.. and use aprox 2x3's for the framing.. then if you choose to use as siding.. or find other siding.. But you would only have to rip just a few..
thumbsup.gif

ohh I am soo green with envy..

what is a rip saw? the boards are actuly 15-20 feet long. Where still trying to figaure out the coop plan in our head and since we havent we decided to build a small one for know and do a bigger one later. This is all new to use and we have never built anything before well untill the run and we wernt sure if 2x10s would be ok for the frame or if they would be way to big.

Back
Top Bottom