Can your chicken do tricks?

Feb 15, 2022
I’m curious to hear stories about people training their chickens. Mine will come when called and follow anything that looks like a meal worm. Can yours do anything more or special? Share your stories with me!!

I’m curious to hear stories about people training their chickens. Mine will come when called and follow anything that looks like a meal worm. Can yours do anything more or special? Share your stories with me!!
I trained my chickens to run in the coop when I whistle, it’s very handy for whenever I spot a predator. I also have a partridge Cochin cockerel who knows how to spin and sit on command.

My teen trained a few chickens to jump straight up to get a treat (like a blueberry) out of her hands. It was similar to what a dog would do to jump straight up like that. She trained one, then a couple others would sometimes also do it. But, I don’t think she has done it this year, even though she had them going this for a couple of years.

My teen trained a few chickens to jump straight up to get a treat (like a blueberry) out of her hands. It was similar to what a dog would do to jump straight up like that. She trained one, then a couple others would sometimes also do it. But, I don’t think she has done it this year, even though she had them going this for a couple of years.
one of mine does this too, but for a cup of oatmeal. It explodes so I call it “the piñata” lol

Back
Top Bottom