Canada....looking for breeders or hatchery

jack & mommy's duckies

Songster
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
Hey, I live in Ontario Canada and have a killer time trying to find places to buy great birds. Buying from the USA just adds problems when trying to get them home.

Can anyone give me names, websites...anything. I so badly want to add to my flock. Crazy birdy addiction
smile.png

Last edited:
It is easy to buy from the states........but hard to ship them. I haven't found anyone that will ship over the boarder. They will ship to the post office on states side but will not ship directly into canada. Nor will anyone fly them. And also the paperwork to get them to be able to cross is almost $200.

I don't know where in Ontario you are but Performance Poultry near Trenton has a good selection. That's where I started and it just snowballed from there, lol. BTW, want any bantam black mottled cochins?! My latest hatch is just coming of age now - little beauties.

Hmmmm I can always ship from them we aren't that far away. They have a few breeds that I'd like.

I'm kinda thinking about getting out of the chickens... I have 2 standard buff cochins...3 bantam cochins..one hen and one hen one roo that are frizzled. If you have any interest in them please let me know. I think I'm happier with my web footed friends.

Thanks - that's really good of you. I love the look of the cochins but right now the hen house is pretty full: Those little banty cochins make great mammas and hatched out 4 times this summer. We had geese when I was growing up and I'm considering a couple of those at some point down the road but I've never had ducks. PP does have some ducks and geese listed on his site.

I bought an order of assorted bantams from Berg's and quite love them; they've done well even in the heat of the Manitoba summer and I've got beautiful birds. Check their site to see if there's shipping to your area of Ontario.

where in Ontario are you? I'm near the Ontario border,,1 hour from Ottawa. I can help you,,I know lot's of people,,depends on what you're looking for :)

Back
Top Bottom