1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Canada....looking for breeders or hatchery

Discussion in 'Geese' started by jack & mommy's duckies, Dec 11, 2010.

1. jack & mommy's duckies

jack & mommy's duckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2010
    Hey, I live in Ontario Canada and have a killer time trying to find places to buy great birds. Buying from the USA just adds problems when trying to get them home.

Can anyone give me names, websites...anything. I so badly want to add to my flock. Crazy birdy addiction [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. JROOSTER

JROOSTER Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Louisiana
    How come its hard to buy from the USA?

3. jack & mommy's duckies

Jan 24, 2010
    It is easy to buy from the states........but hard to ship them. I haven't found anyone that will ship over the boarder. They will ship to the post office on states side but will not ship directly into canada. Nor will anyone fly them. And also the paperwork to get them to be able to cross is almost $200.

4. tazzie

tazzie New Egg

Dec 11, 2010
    I don't know where in Ontario you are but Performance Poultry near Trenton has a good selection. That's where I started and it just snowballed from there, lol. BTW, want any bantam black mottled cochins?! My latest hatch is just coming of age now - little beauties.

5. jack & mommy's duckies

Jan 24, 2010
    Hmmmm I can always ship from them we aren't that far away. They have a few breeds that I'd like.

I'm kinda thinking about getting out of the chickens... I have 2 standard buff cochins...3 bantam cochins..one hen and one hen one roo that are frizzled. If you have any interest in them please let me know. I think I'm happier with my web footed friends.

6. tazzie

tazzie New Egg

Dec 11, 2010
    Thanks - that's really good of you. I love the look of the cochins but right now the hen house is pretty full: Those little banty cochins make great mammas and hatched out 4 times this summer. We had geese when I was growing up and I'm considering a couple of those at some point down the road but I've never had ducks. PP does have some ducks and geese listed on his site.

7. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
  8. EyeHeartBantams

EyeHeartBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2012
    Manitoba, Canada
    I bought an order of assorted bantams from Berg's and quite love them; they've done well even in the heat of the Manitoba summer and I've got beautiful birds. Check their site to see if there's shipping to your area of Ontario.

9. Billy-jean

Billy-jean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    where in Ontario are you? I'm near the Ontario border,,1 hour from Ottawa. I can help you,,I know lot's of people,,depends on what you're looking for :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by