Canadians check in here....

Pics
<waving hi from Uxbridge, on the other side of L Simcoe from you>

Welcome to BYC!
smile.png

Pat

Gidday eh:

I travel between Thetford Mines (Sherbrooke Quebec) and Renfrew (west of Ottawa ON) and I'm looking for someone selling adult birds, or chicks, or even eggs of something for a new backyard flock.

I prefer some bantams: chochins or brahmas, my sister wants standard auracanas (or even an auracana rooster) and have a friend who wants buff orpingtons.

A Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster would also be useful.

We don't want enough birds to justify importing chicks from USA or ordering a small number from Rochester hatchery.

OR I'd be happy to join anybody ordering from Ideal or McMurray or another hatchery.

Godspeed, Bert

Bad news Canucks:

Larry, the owner of Roblyn Eyrie Farm in Perth passed away last year in December.

Someone is winding down the farm.

I don't know if there is anything for sale.

Larry distributed chicks he imported from a US hatchery, likely Ideal, as well as other farm activities such as goats and nursery stuff like trees.

Let us all raise our barn caps in salute to a feather fancier now gone.

Bert

Quote:
There will be an auction in Perth on the last saturday in March, of his equipment and I think some birds as well. Check the Canadianchickeneggswappers2 msn group for details.

Pat

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Bert!

I'm in the same position - I'd like to start a new back yard flock. I'll be building a coop as soon as the snow is under control. Right now we have to use snow shoes to fill the bird feeder or go to the wood shed! I'm near St. Isadore/ Maxville area on the 417 toward Montreal.

I'm looking for 3 laying hens, Cochins, Auracanas but will consider others. I'm probably be ordering 3 ready-to-lay hens from Frey's but if I could get a couple of adult hens that would be wonderful. I'm not planning to order from Ideal or McMurray but would also go in with a group if we could work something out.

Back
Top Bottom