Canadians check in here....

Pics
Yup that's an awesome hatch! good for you!
Will check back for your pics
big_smile.png

South of Bancroft, Ontario.. cottage country....the boonies.. middle of nowhere..

wouldn't have it any other way!
tongue.png
lol.png

my first chickens.. ever, arrive June 25

looking forward to learning, and posting pics of our progress..
yippiechickie.gif

its the boonies, but its 32 acres of paradise to me.
smile.png

Last edited:
Welcome cityboygonecountry!! Where abouts in cottage country are you?? My brother lived in Bancroft for a long time, we live in Kendal, halfway between Bowmanville and Peterborough, and most of my family lives in Peterborough. Bet you just can't wait to get your chicks!!
yippiechickie.gif

I'm in British Columbia , in the lower mainland area . I don't have any chickens yet , just finished building the coop last week . Looking for some Rhode island reds , Orpingtons , Red Sex Links or Barred Rock pullets , no luck so far , any suggestions ?

Quote:
Actually I ordered some ready to lay birds from the local co-op, but chicks of many types were available, and I'll be looking into combo meat/egg layers as an option to create a cycle of food on the 'homestead'

Originally from Oshawa, I"m midway between Bancroft and Madoc... if you know the area, it truly is beautiful, but blackfly season is on us already :mad: as i'm trying to finish the roof on a 30x11 lean to greenhouse...bug suits are not an option. Wonder if blackflies, bother chickens? They sure bother me!!
lol.png

Howdy Laurena.. is there a local Co-op in your area?

Back
Top Bottom